WKTEP Secondary Registration Guide
2022/23 Bachelor of Education Program – Winter Session
COVID-19 and the 2022/23 Bachelor of Education Program:
UBC follows all British Columbia Ministry of Health protocols concerning COVID-19. UBC is planning for on-campus instruction for the 2022/23 Winter Session. Teacher candidates accepting admission offers for the 2022/23 Bachelor of Education program should be prepared to be in Vancouver/Lower Mainland to participate in face-to-face coursework and practica. Therefore, if applicable, you will need to arrange for housing and childcare to fulfill this part of the program. General updates are available on the UBC website at covid19.ubc.ca.
There are three parts to course registration as follows:
- Complete your registration into the standard timetable: West Kootenay Teacher Education Program Cohort – Secondary Cohort
- Register into the required Curriculum I course(s) for your teachable subject(s).
- Choose your additional curriculum courses and electives in consultation with the WKTEP coordinator during the first week of the program.
Your course schedule will be provided at the West Kootenay campus by the WKTEP coordinator. The 2022/23 winter session course schedule will be published on May 2, 2022. Course schedules are subject to change before the start of the academic year.
If you have not already paid the acceptance deposit, then you must do so prior to your registration date in order to unblock your registration. Your registration date and time will be displayed on your Student Service Centre account two weeks prior to registration.
You can create worklists at students.ubc.ca/ssc by adding the applicable standard timetable (STT) and course sections.
On your registration date, log in to the Student Service Centre (SSC) and register in a selected worklist. If you have not created a worklist, add a standard timetable as follows:
- Click Course Schedule and select Session: 2022 Winter.
- Click Browse > Standard Timetables.
- Select your program: BEDS Year 1.
- Register in the standard timetable: West Kootenay Teacher Education Program Cohort - Secondary Cohort.
Add course sections as follows:
- Click Course Schedule > Browse > Courses.
- Select your course section and click on "Register".
Click on Financial Summary for information about deadlines for tuition and fee payment.
Note that the Financial Summary will reflect tuition and student fees due for the winter session only. You will register again next February for summer session courses to complete your program. Additional tuition and student fees for summer session coursework will be assessed at that time. Additional tuition fees will also be assessed for the electives which are added to your program during the first week.
Review your mailing and email addresses. Make sure they are correct.
|Teachable Subject||Curriculum I (required courses)||Section Number|
|Biological Sciences||EDCP 352A & EDCP 354||640|
|Earth Science||EDCP 352A & EDCP 356||640|
|Physical Education||EDCP 322A||640|
|Physics||EDCP 352A & EDCP 357||640|
|Social Studies – Geography||EDCP 332A||640|
|Social Studies – History||EDCP 332A||640|
|Social Studies – Social Science||EDCP 332A||640|