Seconded teacher positions (Adjunct Teaching Professors) are advertised through the TEO. If you are currently teaching in British Columbia, hold a graduate degree (minimum MA/MEd), and are interested in secondment, please check this website for postings. Please note: some positions are designated for particular school districts.
Adjunct Teaching Professor, International Baccalaureate–Middle Years Programme
The Teacher Education Office at UBC invites applications from teacher educators with expertise and experience in the International Baccalaureate-Middle Years Programme for a 12-month, part-time (50-70%) seconded position commencing in September 2020 with the possibility of renewal for up to two additional years. The successful candidate will work with teacher candidates in the International Baccalaureate–Middle Years Programme option, with practica in various lower mainland (public and independent) schools.
Application Deadline: Friday, January 24, 2020
Retired teachers who hold a graduate degree (minimum MA/MEd) may apply for part-time faculty advisor positions.
- For Elementary & Middle Years, send your cover letter and resume to Rod Brown.
- For Secondary, send your cover letter and resume to John Yamamoto.
Hiring for teaching positions in the undergraduate teacher education program occurs through four departments:
- Language and Literacy Education (LLED)
- Educational and Counselling Psychology, and Special Education (ECPS)
- Curriculum and Pedagogy (EDCP)
- Educational Studies (EDST)