NITEP Elementary Years 1 & 2 Registration Guide 2022/23 Bachelor of Education Program – Winter Session
COVID-19 and the 2022/23 Bachelor of Education Program:
UBC follows all British Columbia Ministry of Health protocols concerning COVID-19. UBC is planning for on-campus instruction for the 2022/23 Winter Session. Teacher candidates accepting admission offers for the 2022/23 Bachelor of Education program should be prepared to be in Vancouver/Lower Mainland to participate in face-to-face coursework and practica. Therefore, if applicable, you will need to arrange for housing and childcare to fulfill this part of the program. General updates are available on the UBC website at covid19.ubc.ca.
- NITEP Elementary Year 1: June 21, 2022 at 8:30 a.m.
- NITEP Elementary Year 2: July 5, 2022 at 8:30 a.m.
During the first two years at one of the NITEP field centres, teacher candidates complete Arts/Science courses from UBC, local community college, or other university as well as Education courses from UBC. Urban Centre students usually complete all courses at UBC.
The education placements occur both during and at the end of each academic year.
The NITEP year begins in September and for the first three years concludes with the final education placement in May.
The 2022/23 winter session course schedule will be published on May 2, 2022. Course schedules are subject to change before the start of the academic year.
This guide is to complement the NITEP Handbook and registration instructions that you received from advising.
Your registration date and time will be displayed on your Student Service Centre account two weeks prior to registration.
Create a worklist at www.students.ubc.ca/ssc by adding the applicable standard timetable (STT) and course sections.
To find out which STT to add, see the Standard Timetables dropdown below.
Log in to the SSC to view your specific registration date and time.
On your registration date, proceed with the following steps:
- Log in to the Student Service Centre (SSC) using your Campus-Wide Login (CWL).
- Register in a selected worklist. Registration will only be successful if the standard timetable and/or course has space available.
If registration to your worklist is unsuccessful, or if you did not complete a worklist prior to the registration date, then you will need to proceed with the following steps:
To add a standard timetable:
- Click Course Schedule and select session: 2022 Winter.
- Click Browse > Standard Timetables (STT).
- Select your program: BEEM Year 1 or 2.
- Click on and register in the standard timetable for your year and field centre.
To add courses:
- If applicable or as instructed by the NITEP coordinator, register into any outstanding required core courses, additional academic electives and senior courses.
- To register, click Course Schedule > Add/Drop Courses. Enter the course information and click on Register.
Schedule additional courses from the selected university or college of your choice in consultation with the NITEP coordinator.
Click on Timetable to print your course schedule. Re-print the schedule in mid-August in case changes have been made.
Click on Financial Summary for information about deadlines for tuition and fee payment.
Review your mailing and email addresses. Make sure they are correct.
Urban Field Centre
Registrants in Year 1
Register in the Standard Timetable: NITEP Option (Year 1 Elementary) - Urban Field Centre
Registrants in Year 2
Register in the Standard Timetable: NITEP Option (Year 2 Elementary) - Urban Field Centre
Both timetables contain EDUC 141, EDUC 244, LLED 336