Please arrange to have official sealed transcripts from all previously attended post-secondary institutions sent directly to the UBC Teacher Education Office. Transcripts must be addressed and sent directly to the Teacher Education Office (TEO). The TEO does not accept transcripts dropped off in person or those issued to students. Please do not submit personal copies (opened or unopened), photocopies, faxed copies, or notarized copies of your transcript. These documents are not considered official and will lead to delays in the review of your application. Please note that if you have applied to the BEd in the past, you will be required to submit new transcripts with your latest application.

UBC transcripts do not need to be sent to us.

If you are enrolled in courses from September to December, submit a transcript with course grades in January. This transcript will also show proof of registration in any January to April courses.

Institutions mail official transcripts to:

Teacher Education Office
Faculty of Education, UBC
103 – 2125 Main Mall
Vancouver, BC V6T 1Z4

Institutions may send secure electronic files to:

If you only need to submit proof of registration for course work beginning January onwards, you should check with your institution as to how you can provide this proof.

Acceptable proofs of registration (with course number, student’s full name, and dates) include:

  • an official transcript showing courses in progress.
  • communication from your institution’s registar’s office or equivalent sent directly to

All required and in progress courses and degrees must be completed by June 30 of the BEd year you are applying to. All other documentation should have been submitted by January 31 of the BEd year to which you are applying. Your file will not be evaluated until we have acceptable proof of registration.

Once coursework is completed (including grades and degree conferral), send sealed official transcripts directly to the TEO as soon as possible following the above instructions.

Conditional Offer of Admission

If you have been given a conditional offer of admission, courses must be completed by June 30 of the BEd year you are applying to and official transcripts received in the Teacher Education Office no later than July 31 of the BEd year you are applying to.

If you have been offered admission conditional upon receipt of final documentation, you must provide UBC with one set of official transcripts for every post-secondary institution you have attended. If an official transcript does not indicate the degree name and the degree conferral date, then an official copy of the degree certificate must also be submitted.

Official Documents

To be considered official, academic records must either be received in official university envelopes, sealed and endorsed by the issuing institution, or be sent via secure electronic delivery by the issuing institution. *Secure Electronic Delivery: the issuing institution sends a link to a secure site to the Teacher Education Office at The TEO downloads the transcript from the secure site. Important: an e-transcript is downloaded via a link to a secure site or document sent by the issuing institution to the Teacher Education Office only.

ApplicationExtended Deadline: January 31
Transcripts and references entered in VidCruiter portal by applicantsExtended Deadline: January 31
Reference Report Form (filled by referees)Extended Deadline: February 15, 2024
Course completionJune 30
Final transcripts (to meet conditions)July 31

Information on international transcripts and advanced placement, international baccalaureate, and advanced level courses:

International Transcripts

If your official transcripts are issued in a language other than English or French, you must also submit official English translations.
  1. Mail a sealed official transcript to the Teacher Education Office.
  2. If your university issues only one original copy of transcripts/degree certificates, make photocopies of your original academic records and send them to your home university. Ask your home university to:
    • verify that the photocopies are consistent with their records.
    • attest that the copies are true photocopies and stamp them with an official university stamp.
    • put the attested, stamped photocopies in sealed envelopes endorsed by the Registrar.
    • mail the sealed, endorsed envelopes directly to the UBC Teacher Education Office.
  3. If your transcripts are issued in a language other than English:
    • arrange to have a set of all official transcripts issued in their original language.
    • obtain a certified literal English translation of your transcripts from your home university's translation service.
    • send both the original transcripts and the literal English translation to UBC TEO
    • NOTE: all transcripts from China must be verified by China Credential Verification Service (CSSD) in both Chinese and English. The TEO does not require physical copies of Chinese transcripts, only the verification from CSSD.
  4. If your home university does not provide English translations of transcripts:
    • make a photocopy of your copy of your transcripts. Do not open a sealed, endorsed envelope containing transcripts intended for submission to your program.
    • take the copy to a certified English translator and ask them to provide a complete, word-by-word, literal English translation (certified English translator:
    • tell the translator to put both the original language photocopy and the English translation into a sealed envelope, and endorse the envelope by signing across the seal.
    • send the sealed, endorsed envelopes from the translator to the UBC Teacher Education Office.
    • send your original transcripts in the original language to the UBC Teacher Education Office.
    • NOTE: Academic records must be translated in their entirety, including any information that appears on the reverse side of any document.
  5. UBC does not accept the following:
    • photocopies that have not been stamped, attested and endorsed by the Registrar at your home university
    • documents in envelopes that have been opened
    • documents that do not arrive in sealed envelopes endorsed by the issuing institution or certified translator
    • documents that arrive without the official seal of the university
    • photocopies notarized by a notary public
    • photocopies endorsed by a lawyer, professor, judge etc.
    • unofficial translations
    • non-literal translations

Do not send academic records that are not in sealed and endorsed envelopes. You will be asked to resubmit official documents and it will delay processing of your application and may affect your admission decision.

Advanced Placement, International Baccalaureate, and Advanced Levels

If you have completed courses in the following programs: Advanced Placement, International Baccalaureate, or Advanced Levels, please arrange to send official score reports to the Teacher Education Office.