Please arrange to have official sealed transcripts sent directly from the issuing institution to UBC at the address below. The Teacher Education Office does not accept transcripts dropped off in person or those issued to the student. Transcripts must be addressed to the TEO. Please do not submit personal copies (opened or unopened), photocopies, faxed copies, or notarized copies of your transcript. These documents are not considered official and will lead to delays in the review of your application.
UBC transcripts do not need to be sent to us.
If you are enrolled in courses from September – December, submit a transcript with course grades in January. This transcript will also show proof of registration in any January – April courses.
If you only need to submit proof of registration for course work beginning January onwards, you should check with your institution as to how you can provide this proof.
Mail transcripts to:
Teacher Education Office
Faculty of Education, UBC
103 – 2125 Main Mall
Vancouver, BC V6T 1Z4
Acceptable proofs of registration (with course number, student’s full name, and dates) include:
- an email from the institution, direct from registrar’s office or originating from registrar’s office and forwarded from student
- confirmation of enrolment produced from the institution’s student information system and emailed to us as a PDF file
- an official transcript showing courses in progress.
All required courses must be completed by June 30. Summer course registration confirmation must be provided by April 15 (earlier if possible as we will be sending the bulk of offers in late March throughout April). All other documentation should have been submitted ideally by January 15, 2020. Your file will not be evaluated until we have acceptable proof of registration.
Once course work is completed (including grades and degree conferral), send sealed official transcripts directly to the TEO as soon as possible following the above instructions.
Conditional Offer of Admission
If you have been given a conditional offer of admission, courses must be completed by June 30 and official transcripts received in the Teacher Education Office no later than July 31.
If you have been offered admission conditional upon receipt of final documentation, you must provide UBC with one set of official transcripts for every post-secondary institution you have attended. If an official transcript does not indicate the degree name and the degree conferral date, then an official copy of the degree certificate must also be submitted.
To be considered official, academic records must either be received in official university envelopes, sealed and endorsed by the issuing institution, or be sent via secure electronic delivery by the issuing institution. *Secure Electronic Delivery: the issuing institution sends a link to a secure site to the Teacher Education Office email@example.com. The TEO downloads the transcript from the secure site. Important: an e-transcript is downloaded via a link to a secure site. It is NOT an email attachment of any kind, even if sent from an authority at the issuing institution.
|Transcripts and references||January 15|
|Summer proof of registration||April 15|
|Course completion||June 30|
|Final transcripts (to meet conditions)||July 31|
Click the accordions below for information on international transcripts and advanced placement, international baccalaureate, and advanced level courses.
- Mail a sealed official transcript to the Teacher Education Office.
- If your university issues only one original copy of transcripts/degree certificates, make photocopies of your original academic records and send them to your home university. Ask your home university to:
- verify that the photocopies are consistent with their records.
- attest that the copies are true photocopies and stamp them with an official university stamp.
- put the attested, stamped photocopies in sealed envelopes endorsed by the Registrar.
- mail the sealed, endorsed envelopes directly to UBC Undergraduate Admissions.
- If your transcripts are issued in a language other than English:
- arrange to have a set of all official transcripts issued in their original language.
- obtain a certified literal English translation of your transcripts from your home university's translation service.
- send both the original transcripts and the literal English translation to UBC TEO
- NOTE: all transcripts from China must be verified by CHESSICC
- If your home university does not provide English translations of transcripts:
- make a photocopy of your copy of your transcripts. Do not open a sealed, endorsed envelope containing transcripts intended for submission to your program.
- take the copy to a certified English translator and ask them to provide a complete, word-by-word, literal English translation (certified English translator: https://www.stibc.org/).
- tell the translator to put both the original language photocopy and the English translation into a sealed envelope, and endorse the envelope by signing across the seal.
- send the sealed, endorsed envelopes from the translator to UBC Undergraduate Admissions.
- send your original transcripts in the original language to UBC Undergraduate Admissions.
- NOTE: Academic records must be translated in their entirety, including any information that appears on the reverse side of any document.
- UBC does not accept the following:
- photocopies that have not been stamped, attested and endorsed by the Registrar at your home university
- documents in envelopes that have been opened
- documents that do not arrive in sealed envelopes endorsed by the issuing institution or certified translator
- documents that arrive without the official seal of the university
- photocopies notarized by a notary public
- photocopies endorsed by a lawyer, professor, judge etc.
- unofficial translations
- non-literal translations
Do not send academic records that are not in sealed and endorsed envelopes. It will only delay the processing of your application.