You have completed your extended practicum and your faculty advisor has recommended that you be granted a supplemental practicum by TEO.
- Contact the program coordinator/manager (field experience and practicum) to determine your status.
- Obtain an application form from the program coordinator/manager (field experience and practicum).
- Complete the application and deliver it to Enrolment Services along with the fee.
The program coordinator/manager (field experience and practicum) will schedule the supplemental practicum and inform you.
Voluntary Withdrawal (No BEd credits earned)
You are in this category if your initial withdrawal occurred before the end of Winter Term 1 (September to December) and no BEd credits were earned.
- Submit a new application to the Bachelor of Education for a future application cycle, including resubmission of references and all related documents. More details here.
- Include a written rationale in application by filling out “Additional Information” comment box on UBC application with information about additional courses and/or other actions/experiences that demonstrate your readiness to begin the program.
- You may be given an optional interview with your program coordinator/manager.
- Readmission is not guaranteed. Each application will be considered on its merits and evaluated along with all other Bachelor of Education applicants for the year you are applying for readmission.
- If offered admission, you will be required to provide authorization and payment for a new criminal record check. All necessary forms will be emailed to you.
Note: the application deadline is usually in mid-January. Please check the TEO website to confirm.
(After BEd credits have been earned/After first completed semester)
You voluntarily withdrew from the BEd program after the first term of the program and/or during the extended practicum. The date of return may be as soon as the next academic year; for those who choose to wait longer, the return must be early enough to satisfy program completion within the four-year time frame required for BEd program completion. For example, a student who began their program in September 2020 would be eligible to return to complete until September 2023.
- Contact the Teacher Education Office in writing to discuss guidelines for reinstatement.
- Complete and submit the Reinstatement to the Bachelor of Education Program Application Form.
- Provide information about additional courses or other steps you have taken that will demonstrate your readiness to resume the program (if applicable).
- Arrange an interview with a program coordinator/program manager to discuss your reinstatement.
- If your reinstatement is approved, pay the registration deposit for the session in which you will begin again (Winter or Summer).
Note: the deadline to apply for reinstatement is July 15. Applications submitted after this date will not be considered.
Students Required to Withdraw or Discontinue
You are in this category if you were required by TEO to withdraw from or to discontinue the BEd program (including having received a standing of Fail for any practicum). Only individuals who began the BEd program not more than three years previous to the date of this application are eligible to apply.
- Submit a new application form to the Bachelor of Education program application to the TEO.
- Include the application fee indicated on the application form.
- Include a written rationale with information about additional courses or other actions/experience that demonstrate your readiness to resume the program.
- Arrange an interview with a program and/or practicum coordinator/manager to discuss your request.
- Readmission is not automatic. Each application will be considered on its merits. If your request is approved, pay the registration deposit for the session in which you will begin again (winter or summer).
Contact a program coordinator/manager in the Teacher Education Office.