Current 2021/22 BEd program applicants are invited to drop in for quick advising via Zoom from January 13 to 18, 2021. Bring one question to ask admissions staff regarding your application.
- Wednesday, January 13, 2021: 9:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m., 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m., 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Thursday, January 14, 2021: 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m., 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Friday, January 15, 2021: 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m., 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Monday, January 18, 2021: 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m., 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Meeting ID: 613 1113 6335
Advising and online info sessions for applicants to the 2021/22 BEd program are available via Zoom. Please see below for options.
General advising for future applications is on hold until late spring/summer 2021. If you are not an applicant for the 2021/22 Bachelor of Education program, please wait until general advising resumes. You can visit our FAQs for prospective applicants.
Winter Holiday 2020 closure:
Please note, the UBC Teacher Education Office will be closed for the Winter Holiday starting December 25, 2020, and will reopen on January 04, 2021. If you are applying for September 2021 admission, the application and official documentation deadline is January 15, 2021. Please refer to the TEO Admissions website and Admissions FAQ sections for information on commonly-asked questions. Drop-in advising will not be offered over the Holiday closure.
If you are not an applicant for the 2021 BEd program and for questions relating to a 2022/23 application or beyond, please wait until after January to contact us.
What do you want help with?
Bachelor of Education (BEd) Program & Teacher Updating Program
Email is our preferred method of contact. Using email, we can answer most questions and provide URLs with even more information.
Our admissions team is hosting special weekly online Zoom sessions for current applicants only to answer quick questions. Please be prepared with concise and clear questions as your interaction will be limited to under 5 minutes to give as many students a chance to have their queries addressed. Instructions on how to prepare before reaching out to our office can be seen in the boxed section below. If you are not a current applicant for the September 2021 11-month BEd, you will be asked to leave the session and return to general advising in the spring.
Session Dates and Times
Tuesday Jan 5 & Jan 12 from 10:00 a.m - 11:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m - 3:00 p.m PST.
Thursday Jan 7 and Jan 14 from 10:00 a.m - 11:00 a.m. PST.
When multiple people sign in, you will be placed in a waiting room. To keep your place, stay logged in. If you leave, you may not be allowed to enter again.
Please note: Drop-in advising is limited and you may or may not be able to enter the room. Please try back during the next available session and, in the meantime, see our FAQs
URL for 2021 applicant drop-in sessions: https://ubc.zoom.us/j/98036790866
Meeting ID: 980 3679 0866
Prepare for your Advising Appointment
Learn & Ask:
- Learn about our programs and determine your program of interest.
- Review the frequently asked questions. This list is frequently answered and updated.
- If your question is not answered, email our reception team.
- If your question is still not answered, email our admissions officers (see below).
- Complete an academic self-assessment worksheet for your teaching area(s).
- Bring your unofficial transcripts.
Diplomas in Education & Certificates in Education
Once you have selected a diploma or certificate on the Professional Development & Community Engagement (PDCE) website, you may have questions about next steps.
- For questions about programs or course selection, contact a PDCE advisor.
- For questions regarding application forms, fees, and transcripts, contact the Teacher Education Office.
Reinstatement/Readmission & Visiting & Unclassified Students
Contact a program manager if:
- You have questions about readmission or reinstatement into the BEd program
- You are a visiting or unclassified student