Applications open on October 1, 2022 and will close on January 15, 2023. You can visit our FAQs for prospective applicants.
Please note, the UBC Teacher Education Office will be closed for the Winter Holiday starting December 25, 2020, and will reopen on January 04, 2021. If you are applying for September 2021 admission, the application and official documentation deadline is January 15, 2021. Please refer to the TEO Admissions website and Admissions FAQ sections for information on commonly-asked questions. Drop-in advising will not be offered over the Holiday closure.
If you are not an applicant for the 2021 BEd program and for questions relating to a 2022/23 application or beyond, please wait until after January to contact us.
What do you want help with?
Bachelor of Education (BEd) Program & Teacher Updating Program
Email is our preferred method of contact. Using email, we can answer most questions and provide URLs with even more information.
If you require a dedicated 15-minute advising appointment, please request a booking at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604 822 5242.
Prepare for your Advising Appointment
Learn & Ask:
- Learn about our programs and determine your program of interest.
- Review the frequently asked questions. This list is frequently answered and updated.
- If your question is not answered, email our reception team.
- If your question is still not answered, email our admissions officers (see below).
Before Your Advising Session:
- Complete the pre-application advising assessment.
Diplomas in Education & Certificates in Education
Once you have selected a diploma or certificate on the Professional Development & Community Engagement (PDCE) website, you may have questions about next steps.
- For questions about programs or course selection, contact a PDCE advisor.
- For questions regarding application forms, fees, and transcripts, contact the Teacher Education Office.
Reinstatement/Readmission & Visiting & Unclassified Students
Contact a program manager if:
- You have questions about readmission or reinstatement into the BEd program
- You are a visiting or unclassified student