Before You Start the BEd Program NITEP
Get a UBC card
This is your ticket to getting your U-Pass, borrowing books from the library, qualifying for student discounts, and so much more.
Keep your contact information up to date
If you moved in the last 3 months, update your contact information in the Student Service Centre (SSC).
Purchase your books
Buy or rent textbooks, find UBC swag, and purchase computer equipment at the UBC Bookstore. Note: books may not be available before school starts.
Get to know your campus.
Visit the UBC Welcome Centre (located in the Robert H. Lee Alumni Centre), Neville Scarfe building, the Chan Centre, AMS Student Nest, and Brock Hall. We also recommend exploring the Rose Garden, Museum of Anthropology (MOA), Nitobe Memorial Garden, Irving K Barber Learning Centre, and the Beaty Biodiversity Museum.
- NITEP Office – Connect with our friendly staff
- BEd Program Advising
- First Year English Language Proficiency Index (LPI) Requirement – If you are a field centre student, review the LPI requirement for your institution
- New to UBC Resources and Services
- Enrolment Services — Brock Hall – Pay your tuition and talk to counselors about student loans
- Student Financial Matters – Find out about tuition fees, deadlines for payment, student loans, bursaries, and sponsorship billing
- UBC Campus Tours
- AMS Extended Health Plan
- Where to Eat: UBC Food Service and AMS Food Outlets