Empower Me is available to all UBC students.
Students should call 1 844 741 6389.
Students are immediately connected to a trained therapist when calling the 24/7 line. The therapist can provide immediate support and then plan next steps which include in-person, online, or telephone counselling or telephone life coaching.
Taking care of your mental health during the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Psychology Today – How to stay emotionally healthy during the coronavirus outbreak
- World Health Organization – Mental health considerations developed by the Mental Health Department as support for mental and psychological well-being during COVID-19 outbreak
- Canadian Mental Health Association – Coronavirus: managing stress & anxiety
- Anxiety Canada – What to do if you’re anxious or worried about coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Foundry BC – Tips for when the news stresses you out
Other resources available online or on the phone to support your mental health:
UBC Counselling Services Counselling Services will be offering appointments by phone during the COVID-19 outbreak. Students can call Counselling Services, 604 822 3811, to schedule an appointment by phone.
- EmpowerMe – Empower Me provides counselling and life coaching, free for all students. They can help with anything you’re concerned about and will give you the option of getting help online or by phone.
- MindhealthBC – Take a quick online assessment on your mental health and get resources for a variety of related concerns.
- Here to Help – Helps you find quality information, learn new skills, and connect with key resources in BC
- HealthlinkBC – If you still have questions call 811 to speak with a registered nurse, or access online resources for health-related questions.
- CrisiscentreBC – If you or someone you know is feeling hopeless or at risk of harm, call or chat online with a crisis responder any time.
- TAO – Manage your well-being with tools on stress, relationship problems, substance use, and more. Register with a UBC email, which you can set up for free.
- More information on how to take care of your health and wellbeing can be found at https://students.ubc.ca/health
On Campus Resources:
- UBC Wellness Centre
- Counselling Services
Learn about on-campus counselling services and Wellness Advisors, including how to book appointments.
- Student Health Service
Book an appointment with a doctor or other medical professional for help with your health concerns.
Get support from a Sexual Violence Response Specialist if you’ve experienced sexual assault or violence.
- Academic Accommodations
- As well, you can access support through your program coordinators in the TEO: Secondary: firstname.lastname@example.org
Elementary & Middle Years: email@example.com